posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising

Default Registration questions

bruce@not. wrote in message
I bought an old 1977 runabout and want to get it registered in
GA, but the last time it was registered was in FL. So far I
haven't been able to contact the last person who registered it,
or even find out who they are. The GA DNR told me to contact the
FL DNR, but it looks like in FL the DMV handles boat
registration. Can anyone tell me the best way of going about
this?

Thanks for any help!

Definitely register it in Florida if you can. It will cost you less than
four dollars.

Florida has this new classic boat registration. Any boat over 30 years old
with original power can be registered as a classic for only the cost of the
sticker ($3.50)

My classic, blue water, 27-foot, Coronado sailing yacht will cost me $3.50
per year to register from now on as she was commissioned in 1972. It used to
cost 60 bucks about fifteen years ago, 80 bucks about ten years ago and has
been upped to 140 bucks this year.

Wilbur Hubbard