posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Capsize Prevention

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:29:14 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

If I turn on my engine, even if it's in neutral, I consider
myself a powerboat.

That is the way the rules are being taught and interpreted these days.

Taught by whom? Not out here, as far as I know.

Training schools approved and monitored by USCG.

That's too bad. It's not been my experience out here, but I suppose it
happens.

My understanding is that the approved schools really aren't monitored,
certainly not closely. They typically get the curriculum approved, and
that's about it beside submitting the completed tests. You're talking about
regular sailing schools or license classes (e.g., OUPV, 100GT)?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com