Garland Gray II

Default Folding Cabin table??

Steve,
I've not seen one in the flesh, but remember seeing a description of one
(probably single leaf, but same principle) in a magazine. It would probably
be more secure; main difference, obstructions would be above the table
rather than below.
On my old boat, table was fixed. There was a leaf of equal size, which of
course had to fold on top rather than below, The support for the leaf was
removable. There was a piece of threaded rod set in the top end, which
screwed into the threaded hole in a ss plate flush mounted in the middle of
the leaf. A ss pin on the bottom of the leg fitting into a hole in the sole
would give more security.
Just some ideas.
Garland
"Steve" wrote in message
news
I've been living on my boat for over 6 mo months without a table in the
cabin.. Kinda gotten use to all that unobstructed area, but I'm tired of
eating at the chart table or on my lap. I promised myself I would build a
table over the winter.

Why not enjoy both worlds and have a table that can be folded up against

the
fwd cabin bulkhead??

In order to serve crew seated on either settee it would need to have a

main
table section that is hinged on the fwd bulkhead and serving the stbd

settee
and a folding longitudinal leaf for the port settee.

I don't care for a idle leaf to be hanging down from the table top so I

was
thinking to leaf this leaf folded back against the bottom of the table, as
it would be when the whole table is folded up to the bulkhead.

I have seen some examples of this and they were complicated by a folding
leg. I was thinking of a pair of brass chains to the overhead..

Has anyone ever used or crewed on a boat with the free end of the table
suspended rather than a leg support??

Thoughts and suggestions?

Steve
s/v Good Intentions