Dave Hall

Default Thank Goodness Job Seeking Slackers Get No Welfare

Gene Kearns wrote:

It stands to reason that a liberal fails to comprehend the difference
between "right to life" and "guarantee of it".

Dave

I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open..... This has to the
most incredibly outrageously stupid statement I have *ever* read...
anywhere.

Really? Stupid? I am forced to conclude one of two possibilities. You
either:

A. failed to understand the point I was making. Or:

B. Are a hopeless liberal, who advocates a "cradle to grave" entitlement
philosophy, in leau of earning your lifestyle.

I'm hedging toward "A", since if "B" were true, while we may have a
idealogical difference in how one maintains their lifestyle, most mature
people would be able to refute the rationale without resorting to
labeling, out of hand, those disagreements as "stupid".

In this country, you are free to the pursuit of life, liberty and
happiness, but there are no guarantees. Part of the price of freedom, is
the responsibility to take the proper care of yourself. If you fail to
do that, it's not government's or society's place to bail you out for
more than a temporary measure.

Dave