posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Capsize Prevention

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:45:10 -0400, H the K
wrote:

How many times have you been aboard an open boat that swamped?

In nearly 60 years of boating in small boats, I never have.

Once, but I've done very little boating.
Weather kicked up quick when fishing with my grand dad.
Luckily, he was able to run it ashore and beach it, almost half full
of water.
It the engine had quit, who knows what would have happened.
But boats swamp all the time. It's a leading cause of boat fatality
mishaps. Pretty sure anyway.

--Vic