Brian Whatcott

Default Air Horn

Air horns are usually driven from an electrically switched compressor.
If one insists on an air switch the push button from an air spray wand
might do it. Cheapy examples of air wands are to be had under $15.

Brian w

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:26:40 -0800, Jessie wrote:

Just went thru upgrading my air horn - it might not be the control -
maybe the run of hose - most air horns come with an underpowdered
compressor. I had to get a proper Thomas 12 VDC compressor, air tank
and solenoid valve to get my horn to sound like a horn and not a
strangled cow - course it's 30 ft up the mast at the lower spreaders.
Now with 135 psi and the resevoir - it gets attention.

On 9 Dec 2003 12:28:38 -0800, (James
MacPhie) wrote:

A frind of mine has installed a truck mounted horn on his boat. To
operate the horn a lever fitted through the facia has been fitted. It
does not allow enough air to pass through. Has anybody got any bright
ideas as to where I can purchase a push switch?