KotP-A KotP-A is offline

Default Bad news for Peak Oil theorists...

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:59:02 -0400, Gene
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:01:27 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:43:02 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...the-world.html

Who knows? Maybe some day the liberals will see an advantage to
nuclear energy also.

Things change in this world.

I don't get how you see everything in such a
black-white/liberal-conservative way, but let's play it your way....

why are the conservatives so

1) opposed to centralized management,

I'm not at all opposed to centralized management, as long as it's not
the government. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission should stay in
business to insure that appropriate safety regulations are enforced.

2) opposed to government involvement in major industrial enterprises,

Because *our* government tends to dick things up when it gets control.
The second item in your document was, "...close cooperation among the
key industrial players and the government," The word 'involvement' was
your addition. I've no problem with close cooperation.

3) and opposed to recycling of nuclear waste?

Why would I be opposed to the recycling of nuclear waste? That's a
silly assumption.

.....since you keep pointing to the French as an example of how it
should be done and those are the three things that make nuclear energy
happen for them......
http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/....html?PageNr=2

The French system makes a lot of sense. Why are liberals so against
it?