Steve

Default Cloth washing

For a boat under way, you don't need to do any hand washing.. Just put the
cloths in a bucket on deck, fill it 3/4 full of sea water, sea water soap,
cover it and let it slush about with the motion of the boat.. Followed by
rinse in fresh water.

The biggest job is wringing them out.. Hand wringing is hard on some cloths,
like tee shirts and sweaters etc. A good old fashioned hand crank wringer
would be great but they are hard to find. I have a mechanical squeeze mop
wringer than I put on the side of the bucket. It use to be galvanized but is
getting rusty, gotta find something else.

Some people put their cloths in a net bag and tow it behind the boat. That
doesn't allow for soap and then you still have to find a way to rinse them.

For luandry while at anchor, I now have a little european apt. size machine
that is about 18X20X20", top loading and washes and drys. However there is
no spin cycle so I still have to wring the cloths between cycles and before
drying.. The drying is very slow so I still have to resort to the ole
lifelines.

BTW. In my experience, some marinas and all yacht clubs don't allow laundry
on the life lines,etc. At the last marina I was at in San Diego, they
offered free dryers so people wouldn't hang luandry out.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions