slide[_4_] slide[_4_] is offline

Default Data mining

Roger Long wrote:
On Oct 11, 10:46 am, slide wrote:

I got that due to me having many registered copyrights. It's hardly data
mining.

It's not getting it that is strange. It's having my first two
employers from 40 years ago turned into employees. There is not a lot
of information about those connections on the web. Turning it up
would be "mining" in my book. It's strange that much more recent and
relevant connections haven't been made by their webbot.

I can't speak to that oddity.

Probably 15 years ago, Larry Ellison said, "There is no privacy anymore.
Get over it."

A year ago I made an error on the self checkout at a grocery store. I
called the store to sort it out. I got forwarded to the data processing
center. That center (for the grocery store) easily accessed all my debit
card activities, sorted though them and we worked to get things right.

What interested me was that the store's center easily accessed ALL my
records and did so instantly. I think we need to assume that all our
information is available. All isn't available to all but all is
available to at least some.