Marc Beroz

Default How do you remove lower unit from Nissan 8hp OB?

Keith,
I had a plug like you describe on a Mariner engine but there is nothing
like that on this one.
Marc

"Keith" wrote in message
There is a black plastic plug on the side of the lower unit, about 1" in
diameter. Take it out and there is a control rod connector inside. MARK

THE
SHAFT on both sides, then loosen the screws and it'll come apart. When you
put it back together, you'll be glad you marked where it goes. Don't ask

me
how I know this...

"Marc Beroz" wrote in message
I want to replace the impeller on my Nissan 8 hp motor & I can't figure

out
how to disconnect the shift lever so I can remove the lower unit . I

removed
a cotter pin from a fitting on the shift linkage where the shift rod

meets
the thrust rod, but the shift rod does not slide out of the fitting. -
Haven't put much pressure on it though. - Is there something else I'm
overlooking?
Thanks for your input.
Marc