Wim

Default How do you remove lower unit from Nissan 8hp OB?

Ok Keith? I'm not asking ;-)
LOL

--
c ya Wim
www.cruising.ca/thousand/f-index.html

"Keith" wrote in message
: There is a black plastic plug on the side of the lower unit, about 1" in
: diameter. Take it out and there is a control rod connector inside. MARK
THE
: SHAFT on both sides, then loosen the screws and it'll come apart. When you
: put it back together, you'll be glad you marked where it goes. Don't ask
me
: how I know this...
:
: "Marc Beroz" wrote in message
: ...
: I want to replace the impeller on my Nissan 8 hp motor & I can't figure
: out
: how to disconnect the shift lever so I can remove the lower unit . I
: removed
: a cotter pin from a fitting on the shift linkage where the shift rod
meets
: the thrust rod, but the shift rod does not slide out of the fitting. -
: Haven't put much pressure on it though. - Is there something else I'm
: overlooking?
: Thanks for your input.
: Marc
: