Roger Roger is offline

Default vatican astronomer blasts creationism

Jim wrote:
Don White wrote:
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
"Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
H the K wrote:
On 10/8/09 1:15 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
m...
wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:59:42 -0700, "CalifBill"
wrote:

Let religion put up a
cross, menora, etc on public property. The people own the
property.
How would you feel about Muslim or Rastafarian religious
symbols
in
your town square?

The problem is that once you start you can't say no to the
next
group,
and you can't say no to bigger and better.

Since I am an semi agnostic married to a Catholic, I can
accept all
religions putting up displays in the town square. I was
married by
Monsignor in a Catholic Church with a JW best man, and a Jewish
usher.
Locally the Jewish community puts up a Menorah during their
holidays,
and Christians put up Christmas Displays during their
holidays, and
we
have had different religions also. Seems to work fine. I
believe
there
may be a higher power, but not sure what it is. May be the
Flying
Spaghetti Monster.

Who gets to decide what symbol gets put up? You can say...
oh, let
the
locals decided, but how do you deal with the various minority
that
are inevitable? It can't be a simple majority, because it's the
obligation of the majority to protect the rights of the
minority. If
you
put a cross or spire, you're basically promoting a religion,
which
without much of a stretch is prohibiting others from doing so.
You're
taking sides. The simplest thing to do is to prohibit all
symbols.

MINORITY VIEWS DON'T TRANSLATE TO MINORITY RIGHTS. HOW ARE
MINORITY
RIGHTS
ANY DIFFERENT FROM MAJORITY RIGHTS. ANSWER THIS SWEETIE. HOW HAS
AFIRMATIVE ACTION AFFECTED THE WHITE MANS RIGHT TO COMPETE FOR
A JOB.
You are so full of crap. Majority rules in the Supreme Court.
Majority
voted in a president I didn't and don't want. Are there
federal laws
prohibiting religeous symbols on private or public property?
We let
Congress critters decide major issues by writing laws and
voting on
them.
And guess what, majority rules. How well is that going for us? I
suppose
that depends on who you ask.

I really don't like your condescending bs. Get a life. If you
can't
speak
without yelling or trying to put me "in my place," you have no
business in a
rational discussion. It's totally obnoxious.

The majority has the responsibility to protect the rights of the
minority.
If you don't believe that, then you're not much of an American.

Flajim's wife, if he has one, probably beats the crap out of
him...thus,
he lashes out at...you.

**** off, Krause
Here is your answer son...

http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Then, filter, filter, filter...

if you need a free fast news server to go with that try

eternal-september.org

Both easy to set up. And you really won't miss the bozo's anyway.
When
you get fed up with somebodys irrational name calling festivals,
you hit
one button and don't see them anymore, it's easy.

I strongly suggest you plonk me. Please.
Sure Harry, no problem... just do a favor, stop with the sock puppets,
you are not fooling anybody but dumb donnie the rat bitch...

Not Harry, not a sockpuppet, I don't morph. If you can't figure that
out, I'm sorry for you.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Is the Freaky Ponytail talking about me?
I wonder if he's spent all his inheritance yet on shiny baubles and
used motobike parts.

When you and hairball team up, you guys remind me of Abbot and Costello
or Martin and Lewis, or Burns and Allen. Yuk Yuk

Or Beavis and Butthead...