Glenn Ashmore

Default Does propane hose deteoriate?

My surveyor said just the opposite. I had the line run in hose and he
said it was acceptable but because it ran behind the cabinets and would
be hard to replace that I should replace it with well supported copper
tube.

doug dotson wrote:

I don;t think copper for propane is acceptable for boats in the US. The
surveyor
made me remove all of it on my boat when we bought it. The
boat came from Canada where I guess it must be OK. He also made me
replace all the copper fuel line as well.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Len Krauss" wrote in message

Agree with Doug's comment. Hope you're talking about a short length of

hose

you can observe regularly. Long runs out-of-sight should be heavy gauge
copper.
Len

--
Eliminate "ns" for email address.
"doug dotson" wrote in message

Pretty much any black rubber hose will eventually dry rot and start to
crack.
Takes a while though, especially if it is in not exposed to sun (UV).

Doug
s/v Callista

"Jessie" wrote in message

A friend says that standard black rubber propane hose gets old and
goes bad - needs to be replaced. Any truth in this ?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com