Keith

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

Be sure to use the kind that stays flexible, not the kind that sets up hard.

"doug dotson" wrote in message
Good idea, I'll check it out.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Doug,
I have used Permatex as a gasket replacement on a gasoline tank. Should

work
w/ diesel as well.
Garland

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
I won't be able to tell for sure until I open one up. Just looking
at them from the outside it appears they are bedded in something
black. The outside surface of the tanks are not smooth. If the
inside is not smooth as well that would explain why they were
bedded rather than gasketted. I think what I may do is have
some inspection ports fabricated that can be opened more
easily.

Doug
s/v Callista

Subject: Fuel transfer/polishing pump
From: "Doug Dotson"

Have any idea what
might
have been used to bed the inspection ports?

The ones I have dealt with have had gaskets on them. If yours don't

would
look into making some and/or using a fuel resistant sealant.
http://www.watkins-associates.com/index.html
Capt. Bill