posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Tom Dacon[_5_] Tom Dacon[_5_] is offline

Default Diesel-resistant gasket sealant

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 06:49:06 -0700 (PDT), RichH
wrote:

That's fine for gasoline engines but many large diesels and their
external filtration systems used ordinary pipe threads. Diesel
mechanics routinely use something like blue Permatex goop to seal the
pipe threads. Supposedly teflon tape is a big no-no with diesel.

Right - standard pipe threads, and this is the off-engine plumbing - fuel
transfer between tanks, etc.

Previously, I was using a teflon-based paste of some sort, but my supply is
long gone and I no longer remember what it was called or where I got it.
Hence my request for suggestions.

Tom