Joe Joe is offline

Default Tsunami aboard yacht in American Samoa!

On Oct 3, 1:24*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message

... I'm going to post this email I got from another ham friend just as he
sent it. *It is an amazing story with lessons for every sailor and crew
on the planet. *I'm very sorry I cannot stop my Xnews from wordwrapping
it. *It's below my name:

-- Larry

snip

Stupid people! They are pretend sailors and no seamen. Real seamen know if
an earthquake strikes when you are at a dock - a stupid place to be in the
first place -the first thing you do is get off the dock and out into open
and deep water where a tidal wave will do you no harm. The same thing goes
if you are anchored in a harbor - get the **** outta there.

If these idiots would have put down their coffee and headed out to sea
immediately when the shaking and noise commenced, instead of standing around
with their thumbs up their asses they would not have suffered any trauma.

Even elephants are intelligent enough to head for high land when they feel
an earthquake. Why is it that human sailors are too stupid to see to their
own safety by heading for deep water?

Wilbur Hubbard

Again Wilbur has a life as a sailor only because others actually
sail.

It is not Wilbur who counts; who points out how the strong man
stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The
credit belongs to the sailors who is actually in the arena sailing,
whose face is marred by salt and sweat and blood, who strives
valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is
not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually
strive to sail; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion,
who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end
the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at
least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be
with those cold and timid beached souls who know neither victory nor
defeat.

Joe..& TR