Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default SAR Mystery Solved

On Oct 3, 11:15*am, "Flying Pig" wrote:

It was, indeed, a concerned friend, one who's given me hands-on assistance
with a knotty problem I had aboard as well as email assistance on others of
the same ilk, and with whom I communicate fairly often, who called. *Given
the realities of the time, a bit overreactive, and likely the friend had no
clue that a full-scale search would be launched as a result of his call.

I take it that friend was not "Wilbur Hubbard" as one of his sock
puppets claimed here

Since I also provide a public link to my SPOT, I'm now going to change
the link to an intermediate page telling friends clearly NOT to make
any calls or do anything just because the tracking stops and then put
the tracking page link there.