Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Tsunami aboard yacht in American Samoa!

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 19:19:25 +0100, Justin C
wrote:

In article , Larry wrote:
I'm going to post this email I got from another ham friend just as he
sent it. It is an amazing story with lessons for every sailor and crew
on the planet. I'm very sorry I cannot stop my Xnews from wordwrapping
it.

Thank you for sharing this. It's both wonderful and tragic and I'm glad
I have read it.

Justin.

The "water going out" was the constant in every story told from the
Thai Tsunami. Several people anchored in western anchorages on Phuket
were able to drop the anchor chain and motor to deep enough water that
they had no problem with the actual wave.... although none of them
actually thought "Tsunami!" until after the wave arrived.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)