posted to rec.boats.building
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Liquid Nails

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:

Can you expand on the "need air". I thought it was used to put up wall
paneling and such like in houses. From the instructions on the tube
they say just smear on a bunch and push it in place. Good bond in a
day, full adhesion in 48 hours (I think). $2.50 a tube, or there
about.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Hi Bruce,

What I meant is that these adhesives need an air source to dry out.

It's not a chemical reaction (like a two part mix?), but a simple
outgassing of the solvents used.

Almost all single part tubes are that way.

Like Ed said, try some different ones on samples to find what will
work best for your stuff. They are cheap enough.

Richard