KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default garbage patch

"Jeff" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:
"hpeer" wrote in message
No Stephen, you missed the point entirely. The worst that can happen is
run away warming that makes Earth largely uninhabitable. Is that
likely? I don't know. Is it possible? Yes. Your choice, their future.

If it wasn't for Global Climate Change, most of the northern hemisphere
would still be covered in glaciers, and humans would number a few hundred
thousand hunter-gatherers. The Earth has been MUCH warmer than it
currently is in this current interglacial period, and it WILL become much
colder again. The only constant when it comes to climate is change. Life
adapts.

It is certainly reassuring that life will continue on Earth after humans
are gone.

While your conclusion was not my point, it is correct. Nevertheless, human
life is not going to disappear from this planet because of global climate
change. Modern humans have existed on this planet for over 200,000 years. In
all that time, do you think we have not seen temperatures much hotter, and
much colder, than we now experience?

Some areas may become less habitable. Other areas may become more habitable.
Sea levels will continue to rise (as they've been doing for 12,000 years)
and some areas will receive more rainfall while others receive less. The
error lies in thinking that the Earth must remain changeless because we're
here and we (some of us) like the status quo. Sealevel must remain where it
is because I built a house on the beach! Help! A global catastrophe
approaches!

That life which refuses to adapt gets a swimming lesson.

--
KLC Lewis

WISCONSIN
Where It's So Cool Outside, Nobody Stays Indoors Napping
www.KLCLewisStudios.com