Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Help buying a boat - WA res - CA sales tax? Foreign use,.. WTF

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:43:49 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:11:01 -0400, wrote:

The Documentation Center is an example of a Government run
organization doing everything RIGHT. They are very helpful, and
pleasant to deal with.

That has been my experience also. A doc agent makes the job easy and
painless but you definitely can do it yourself. Your biggest
challenge is probably going to be dealing with CA sales tax issues.
Every state is different but there is probably a way for you to take
delivery of the boat in Mexico (or elsewhere) and avoid taxation if
you plan things out carefully. You may also find that you can take
delivery in CA if you leave within a certain time.

I have heard of delivery on the high seas.

Casady