J. Slater

Default Choice of Dinghy

When I first got the portabote, I connected my 5hp motor and took it to the
local lake. I was expecting to get some remarks, more on the offcolor
spectrum, but every ol fisherman that was out that day had nothing but
complements on the looks.

So I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;-)

Capacity is 670#'s. Not as much as my Avon inflatable, but I'll hand you the
patch kit and pump. I'll be on the porta bote.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

What about capacity? The Portaboats can't be close to a dinghy in that
department. And at 205lbs I can sit on the edge of my Quicksilver

inflatable
and it's stable. It's a model 300 (9.10') and I've carried 5 adults

without a
problem.
And yes, many people find the Portaboat ugly...cuz it is! That said,

they're
still pretty slick and I can see their value.

RB