Steven Shelikoff

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:12:22 -0500, "doug dotson" wrote:

Steve,

Buit how often do you have to change elements? At $3 a pop I can
go through a fair number before the cost becomes a concern. Once
I get a really cruddy tank cleaned then the cost should level out.

Of course that all depends on how dirty your tank and fuel is, how much
fuel you go through, how clean the fuel is that you're putting in the
system, if you allow growth in the tank, if you use a biocide, etc. etc.
etc. IOW, it depends.

FWIW, I've never had a single TP roll come out of the system with any
sort of "mush" from water on the bottom. Every one has come out as a
single hard and consistent mass.

Steve

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:09:44 -0500, "Doug Dotson" wrote:

After doing a bit more research, I'm starting to wonder what the
big attraction to the TP filters is. A standard filter cartridge housing
in stainless steel can be had for $40 to $80 cheaper than the TP
housing. Filter cartridges start at $3. Also, by using a standard
filter cartridge holder you have the flexibility of changing filter
cartridge types if necessary.

I got a good deal on my TP cartridges. 2 for the price of 1 and that 1
was also discounted. If I had to pay full price for them I might have
looked elsewhere also. But I still think they're a good deal if you
have a really messy tank to clean up because the elements are so cheap.

Steve