Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Poor Skippy, aground again.

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:05:45 -0400, Moi wrote:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

[snip usually idiotic drivel]

Translation: Skip is out there doing what I can barely dream about and
I'm damned jealous.

Cheers
Martin

Apparently Wilbur hasn't yet realized that Skip, albeit with all his
problems, is now light years more experienced then Wilbur will ever
be. Skip has actually sailed somewhere and back while Wilbur has not.

Unfortunately for Wilbur, reading sailing magazines does not count for
experience.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Now, Bruce,

You'll recall Aragorn's post of a while ago. Whether it's Neal or his
boyfriend, there was a lot of sailing in Wilbur's past. His detailed
knowledge of the Bahamas has been useful to me. Just now, we're
experiencing the mosquitos he warned about before we were to leave, nearly 6
months ago, now, before all the repairs/refit stuff we did.

While he was mistaken about our demise on a shoal, we WERE in the area, but
since I was driving :{)) we weren't anywhere near shallow. We anchored in 20
feet of water that night, I got up at a reasonable hour for having retired
at 4, and continued.

I look forward to his recommendations as we move further south. Right now,
we elected to stay at Powell - a bit too close to shore, anchoring in about
9 feet of water, occasioned by my diving the bottom of the keel which had
grown a small menagerie of calcium-based life-forms sitting in the mud at
the dock in St. Simons for those 4 months, and cleaning off the depth
sounders, groundplane and keel cooler bronzes as well, while the ladies went
and explored the magical beach on the other side - and have a few skeeters.
Citronella candles kept them at bay as the girls watched the Hobbit on one
of the electronic sets Wilbur decries :{))

Tomorrow we'll head over to Cooperstown, and then start moving south toward
Marsh Harbor where the girls will get off in about 10 days, and a couple of
weeks later my son and wife will join us. I'd enjoy (under separate thread
heading, please!) recommendations for beachcombing, snorkeling, fishing
(somehow I got a speargun permit!!) and conching between here and there...

L8R, y'all

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)