Rich Hampel

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

We're starting to flog a dead horse here .... so my very last comment
on all this is:
.... take a toilet paper roll, get a container, immerse it in any oil
that you want and let it soak, then add 1" of water to settle at the
bottom of the container with the TP .... to the bottom of whatever you
contain the toilet paper, let sit a week or more, remove and examine
that the TP has fallen apart where the water has come in contact with
the TP. Now consider that the TP in poorly designed boat system is
held in place by a knife edge seal biteing into the end of the TP
roll........ What happens later on when there is differential pressure
across 'mush' (papier mache) being held by a knife edge seal and has a
differential pressure across it.

Water in fuel oil is common, as an emulsion from the refinery (errors
in handling, etc.) and as the product of condensation on the tank farm
walls with water entering the tankage through the tank vent, etc.

I've herein posted what is the normal industry methods,
'state-of-the-art' ..... and what is 'snake oil'.
......and thats the final comment from me.

You again mention non resin cellulose filters falling apart when wet.
The home test I mentioned recently (I thought) would convince you
that these filter materials *don't get wet* in the intended
application?

Ever hear of gravity settling and equlibrium displacement ? Dont
consder to ever get a job as a lab tech.... you wont make it.

Brian W