Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Poor Skippy, aground again.

On Sep 28, 7:57*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

I think something else is going on but it's not clear what. * My first
thought was that they'd anchored out on the banks to get some rest but
if so they should have been underway again by mid-day at the latest.
It's also possible that they forgot to reset their SPOT device and it
timed out or ran out of battery power.

The SPOT runs for a very long time on batteries, much longer than
claimed in the instructions. However, tracking has to be restarted
every 24 hours which I've forgotten to do on some long trips.

I am a bit concerned myself though about the track prior to SPOT going
off. It's too larger to be just fix imprecision. It looks like a
search or random drifting to me.

They are probably OK because, unless there were a fire or sudden
flooding, I'm sure they would have pressed the "Help" or 911 button.
The keep the SPOT on the cabin top inside the dodger. Even if they
had to suddenly evacuate into the dinghy, they could have grabbed it.
If there was some problem during all that random motion, I'm sure
pushing the button to summon help would have occured to them.

--
Roger Long