Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Poor Skippy, aground again.

On Sep 28, 7:57*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:53:06 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"

wrote:
"Gregory Hall" wrote in message
This time it appears he ran afoul of Lily Bank much of which is awash at
low tide.

See his spot for details. Put it on hybrid view.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...glId=0sKGa9AJR....

Wilbur Hubbard

Looks like he's STILL stuck. Probably has to wait out the tide hoping to
float back off. Might have to wait 24 hours if he went aground on the higher
high tide and, as the springs were at maximum about a week ago, tide range
is still close to maximum.

Wilbur Hubbard

His last reported position is 27-06.49N, 78-36.32W as of 10 hours ago.
My charts show 14 to 19 ft of water in that area and no navigational
hazards of any kind. *

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5...igposition.jpg

I think something else is going on but it's not clear what. * My first
thought was that they'd anchored out on the banks to get some rest but
if so they should have been underway again by mid-day at the latest.
It's also possible that they forgot to reset their SPOT device and it
timed out or ran out of battery power.

Well, if you dont run aground a lot, you are not trying hard enough to
have fun.