cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Hey there!

Edgar wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...

Today we went out and found 20-25 mph winds, gusting occasionally beyond
that.

Under reefed main and no jib (brings me back to wanting to dump the
roller) we
could point about half as high as normal, but the boat was comfortable.
We sailed about 8 miles down to the dam and back. It was fun. (Better
than yesterday when even the spinnaker hung dead limp.)

20 plus is definitely life jacket winds.

Under reefed main and no jib and with a stiff breeze stirring upthe waves
you might find it hard to avoid getting into irons when going about.
If you have a bit of jib up you can help her around in those conditions.

Didn't encounter that problem, Edgar.
even with some 3 foot wakes (from big power boats).

The only times I've had problems tacking this boat is when sailing large
under jib alone. Close hauled she tacks fine.

Under main only she sails like a Sunfish.
No prob.

Richard