Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Are things getting better here?

On Sep 27, 2:38*pm, wrote:

Maybe he could try posting about his adventures, instead of trying to
drag the group down. We were doing pretty well while he was gone.

Because I write for a magazine that prints articles about most of my
long cruises and maintain a web site, primarily for friends and
family, it seems pointless to repeat much about my cruises here. If
you look in the thread "Dilution is the solution to Pollution" thread,
you'll find links to pictures and accounts. There are even exact GPS
tracks imported into Google Earth files. If so inclined, you can zoom
in and hoot, "Look, look, he was much to close to that rock to be
safe." Hey, read the most recent article and you'll really find
something to hoot about.

It's getting to the time of year though when I'm getting an idea which
memories of the summer will bring a smile to my face in the depths of
winter. For me, it never seems to be the things you would expect, the
perfect day, the great long reach, but odd moments. This year, I
think one will be the sight (barely) of Petit Manan light 8 miles off
the STARBOARD beam on the last week in May. You'll have to hunt
around a bit to find many Maine cruisers who have seen that so early
in the year returning from Quoddy Head. Another was broad reaching
between Petit Manan Light and the bell at 6 - 7 knots alone in lumpy
seas and visibility under 50 yards while the wind vane did it's work
and I stood radar watch. Oh yes, I was talking on the VHF with a
power yacht coming the other way.

I just realized that 'tit Manan figures in both of these but it is
sort of the "Cape Horn" of Maine so rounding it or crossing the bar is
always memorable.

he can then attempt to rejoin a group that has somehow managed just fine without him.

"Attempt to rejoin" when anyone can just post here? Please let us
know which planet you are posting from

Roger