Doug Dotson

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

Steve,

I like your system. It seems like a reasonable approach. One thing
I would like to be able to do is polish one tank while using the
other though. One point that Rich makes is that a recirc system can move
fuel much faster due to the the large effective pore size of the
depth filter. Placing a 2 uM filter after the TP filter does negate that
advantage. I was planning on doing exactly that as well because the
TP filter would seem to be susseptable to shedding. It sounds from
your experience that is not the case. Perhaps there is a little bit of
shedding
right at the beginning but anything shed would be quickly removed on
a subsequent pass or by the engine filters.

Doug

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
Rich,

I appreciate that you seem to be an expert on filtering theory even
though you also seem to lack the practical experience of actually using
the TP or PT depth filters we're talking about. I realize you don't
think they work. Even so, I'd love to hear your expert opinion
(absolutely no sarcasm intened) on why my Racor 2uM filter has lasted so
long (2 years now and still not clogged) after installing a TP prefilter
when I completely clogged two of the same filters in 20 minutes each
before installing the TP prefilter.

Steve