Stephen Trapani Stephen Trapani is offline

Default Are things getting better here?

Roger Long wrote:
I'm surprised that none of the anoni-mice have popped up yet to point
out that my 1500-2000 miles of sailing this summer weren't real
cruising because,

* I have a roller furling headsail.
* I have a powerful and reliable diesel instead of a "blue water"
outboard bolted on the transom with a rusty bracket.
* I failed to properly reinforce my boom by inserting a piece of rusty
pipe in it after folding it in half.
* My boat isn't painted yellow for better visibility when semi-
permanently anchored in front of waterfront Florida dives.

Funny!

And to answer your question, no, things haven't really gotten any better
wrt people living to criticize in this newsgroup, but I never thought it
was a problem in the first place. Just everyday Usenet, which isn't at
all like a bunch of people in a big room where one obnoxious person can
ruin the whole party. It's more like a big magical room where you can
just snap your fingers, click your heels, and make the obnoxious person
disappear if you want. You can also make them reappear and poke them
with a stick once in a while for fun, or throw a pie in their face if
you get bored.

Stephen