[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Are things getting better here?

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 05:23:14 -0700 (PDT), Roger Long
wrote:

I'm surprised that none of the anoni-mice have popped up yet to point
out that my 1500-2000 miles of sailing this summer weren't real
cruising because,

* I have a roller furling headsail.
* I have a powerful and reliable diesel instead of a "blue water"
outboard bolted on the transom with a rusty bracket.
* I failed to properly reinforce my boom by inserting a piece of rusty
pipe in it after folding it in half.
* My boat isn't painted yellow for better visibility when semi-
permanently anchored in front of waterfront Florida dives.

Awfuly insecure, and attention starved, aren't you. Can't you just
enjoy sailing for it's own sake, without worrying about who is really
a sailor by some dubious ad hoc set of standards?