Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Saturday Morning Wake Up Music

On Sep 26, 8:11*am, Gene wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 07:11:46 -0400, JohnH
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zrsl8o4ZPo#

This is, of course, quite disturbing and very wrong. No sitting
politician should be "honored" in this manner by school children. The
teacher didn't compose this little ditty, Charisse Carney-Nunes
reportedly did and she is about as wing-nutty as they come. However,
author or not, those involved in the school that brought this crap to
the kids should be disciplined.... and that especially includes an
unapologetic principal.

The big question is: "Where was your righteous indignation a few years
ago when school children were singing a similar tune to Laura and
George?"

Are you talking about the "Jesus Camp" video? If so, that was not at
a public school, with required attendance, paid for with taxpayer
money. It's my understanding that the kid's parents sent them to this
camp, and are ultimately responsible.

However, don't think for a moment that this indoctrination doesn't go
on every day, on *all* political sides of the issues, in pretty much
every home in the world. Whether it's done one-on-one, or in groups,
it happens all the time.

It is, as you point out, completely wrong when forced by the
government and paid for with taxpayer dollars. When it's a personal
choice... you can't regulate that. We choose to teach our children to
be forceful, submissive, courageous, fearful, truthful, dishonest,
conservative, liberal. It's part of a child's education and
upbringing.