NOYB

Default Cruising Speed - Was 1986 Bayliner Trophy w/Trailer $4700.00 OBO in Ohio

The most fuel-efficient speed while on plane.

Most properly powered 20 foot boats plane around 18 mph...but get their best
fuel economy in the mid to high 20's. That Bayliner is running wide open at
only 24mph.

"Dionysus Feldman" wrote in message
NYOB--
Most boats in that size range don't plane until 18mph. Your "cruise"

speed
is just 1 mph over planing speed?

df--

I'm new to powerboatinig, so bear with me.

I thought the most efficient speed for a boat was whatever it took to
get on a plane and stay there without excessive trim.

If that's true, isn't cruising speed the same as the most efficient
speed? If not, how else would one determine cruising speed?