H K H K is offline

Default AP on Obama's Claim a Tax Isn't Really a Tax: You Lie

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:27:13 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

Since there's nothing about race in the article, I can only conclude by
you
bringing it up that you are the likely racist.

Yes, it would be a tax, but no legislation is done, so we don't know what
they offsets would be or even if it'll pass in its current form.

Do you have auto-liabilty insurance? Here, you're required to have it. I
don't see why we can't figure out a way for everyone to have it and
require
them to have it.

You're assuming that the mandatory requirement of automotive liability
insurance is not itself odious (which it is). Too, the legislated
requirement of the wearing of seatbelts is equally odious, if not more
so. The citizenry has been conditioned by these things to accept
further government intrusion into our lives.

Yeah, there's nothing like saving lives and lowering costs to promote
odiousness...

Incredible. Apparently we have yet another "responsible rightie" who
wants to do away with responsibility.

Some dipstick penniless rightie like JustHate smashes into my car and
causes injuries...and how do I recover my losses if the he has no insurance?

D'oh.