Howard

Default Toilet Question

Hi, Peggie:
Question: Are you saying that it would have been cheaper to buy the Raritan or
Wilcox (i.e., the entire toilet)? I just replaced the conversion kit, not the
entire toilet...although the kit was too close to $400 at WM....
Thanks, Howard.
P.S. I just bought your book, but haven't had a chance to look at it.

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:54:45 GMT, Peggie Hall wrote:

; Howard wrote:
; Coincidentally, I just replaced the 5 year old conversion kit in our aft head a
; couple months ago on my 1998 Beneteau 411. It was not just a gasket that was
; failing, it was deterioration of the plastic. Not a repair kit for *that*
; problem. Probably should have gone back to the manual pump, but I spent nearly
; $400 for the identical replacement at West Marine...ouch...! Well...at least it
; was an easy replacement, and didn't have to pay anyone to do the job for
; me.... :/
;
; I do wish you'd asked a few questions here before buying another
; one...'cuz there are others that cost less and are much higher quality.
; The Raritan SeaEra
; http://www.raritaneng.com/products/t...c/sea_era.html) is
; one...the Wilcox Newport
; (http://wilcox-crittenden.com/sanitat...wport.asp?bid=) is
; another. Both are much quieter, use less flush water, consume less
; power, and can be found for the same price or less than the Jabsco.
;
; Yes, they do draw a LOT of current plus they're noisy, but my wife brings too
; many guests aboard that don't have a clue about how to use the manual pump Our
; forward head is still manual...and I personally would advise against having an
; electric head unless the boat has 2 heads so that at least 1 would remain
; manual.
;
; I'd feel the same way if the electric were a Jabsco or the Raritan PHE II.
;
; Peggie
; Peggie Hall
; Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987
; Author "Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation Systems and
; Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
; http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html