LaBomba182

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

Subject: Fuel transfer/polishing pump

This is why I like the way my system is plumbed, i.e., the engine draws
from the polishing system. That way, you don't have to worry about
stirring up the fuel to polish it. If the engine is running and you're
in rough weather, it's being filtered before going to the engine. If
you have it in a separate loop and you run into rough weather that stirs
up the tank, you can introduce dirt from the tank wall that wasn't
dislodged while you were polishing and it'll get to the engine.

You don't have to worry about bubbling or stirring it up if it's always
being filtered before getting to the engine. And you can run the system
with the engine off also to get a multiple pass circulation just like if
it was in a separate loop.

Sounds good to me.

Capt. Bill