Steve

Default To Rich Hampel Tayana 37

Just to comment on cabin arrangements in general:

From my experience as a boat owner and as a offshore crew, I would have to
say that you should have a bunk for every person who is off watch. And
settees don't count or any arrangement that prevents the settee from being
used by the crew members who are not in their bunks..

I can be chaotic in the main cabin when you have a large crew/family members
up and no place to hang out.

Not everyone is on watch or in their bunks so you need the settee available
for these crew memebers.

If you not racing then maybe you have too large a crew if your have to sleep
them on the settee.

Taylor your crew size to your absolute requirements and berthing
arrangement..

My last boat was a Cheoy Lee Clipper 33 and the settee converted to an upper
and lower berth. (I think this is what Rich called a Pulman version, I
called it the 'Bunk House' cabin plan.) With the bunks make up there was no
place for anyone to sit and with the upper folded down the settee was too
narrow to sit comfortably (backs were straight up and down, no arm rest).
The main reason I was unhappy with it for a live aboard.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions