posted to rec.boats.electronics
Oliver Fleming Oliver Fleming is offline

Default USB to Serial Port to Noland Multiplexer

Hi,
I am running Seaclear software. My Laptop has no Serial port.

I am using a Ritmo USB to Serial connector.

The serial connection runs to a Noland Multiplexer.

I receive data OK and the moving map works just fine, however when I
create a route for the Autopilot to follow the signal does not seem to get
through and the pilot sends off the alarm.

I have tried tis with Fugawi and OziExplorer with the same result.

However when I use the old Compaq M700 with a serial port it all works
perfectly.

I think the USB to Serial converter is not working correctly or I need a
different kind. I have tried the different drivers availabe on the
respective web sites but still the same result.

Any ideas out there for me?

Thanks
Oliver Fleming