posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Joe Joe is offline

Default Here's a good boat for Joe's burgeoning coffee business ~doublehulled so he can't sink it so easy.

On Sep 17, 8:07*am, Bob wrote:
On Sep 14, 8:18*am, Joe wrote:

You still picking **** rags out of the garbage can on that boat full
of your peers?.

NOpe. thats what the philipinos do.

After you described the crew you were placed with I
knew there was no better place on earth for a douch bag like you.

To be honest Joe, Id say fairly typical................... infact id
say pretty typical for the whole ****ing south. One walk through a wal
mart down here pretty well sums up their pathetic lives.

What is pathetic is a fellow working somewhere he does not want to
be.

*BTW I have a 1,600 ton freight and towing masters ticket hanging on
the bulkhead. *

Now for those who may not be aware of the licensing scheme in the
GOM..........

1600 ton that is most likly only good in the GOM on an OSV. The GOM is
run by big oil andthey have their own liscensing scheme down here. to
be an "AB" all you need is 4 months on your uncles 14 foot skiff. That
will get you an AB-OSV and those guys go around struttin and telling
everone theyre an Able Seaman. most the deck guys ive seen *here can
tie two knots
some sorta half hitch repeated believeing more is better
and the second is their shoes.
It was that way 20+ years ago when i was diving and its the same now.

That lax licensing (rate) requirmemtns go all the way up to 1600 ton
master (OSV GOM).

Just say yes or no to these 2 quesions:
1) When your license was not expred could you sail it on OCEAN
routes?

Yes it's "Any Oceans". I have a celestial endorsement, radar, ect...

2) How about ouside the GOM or anything other than a mud boat?

Delivered several work boats and anchor boats to the North Sea, mostly
Wick Scotland. Worked Mexico in the bay of De Campeche.

When i say anchor, I'm not talking about 4 point diver junk but anchor
handling boats for the semi's. Also pushed fuel flats in the ditch.

I let it expire when I found a dozen ways to make real
money without having to be stuck offshore dealing with idiot pee-on jr
deck hands like you.

Why would yo let it expire when it is so easy to renu? That dont make
sense to me?

You have to have current sea time on that tonnage boat. Since I left
the patch I did not have the current sea time, nor the desire. I got
tired of Dispatchers telling me to move under the crane. Why work for
350 a day when I was making that an hour talking on the phone? I like
my own boat, with a comfy bunk and my lovely wife keeping me warm. Not
someone elses boat.

*You better get back to scrubbing the ****ters boy. Stick to what you
are good at.

Actually , joe I dont have to scrub ****ters.

SO if I wanted to stop in for a cup of coffee where would I go?
Bob

Come to Clear Lake Texas and ask anyone at any marina. We have been
here 15 years and most sailors know us and were our boat is. If your
serious just e-mail me at joe@ellagocoffee dot com and I'll give you
directions.

Joe

Joe- Hide quoted text -