WildestDream

Default Trimming the drive

your only going to gain 400 rpm, 200/in. something wrong w.ur engine.

"Steven Carlson" wrote in message
A friend had a new 19 pitch and with that one on, checked the tach and
speed. Boat topped out at 37 mph with a rpm of 4300. Then the tach quit
before checking with the 17. The rpm I'm told should be around 5000 to

5200.

Thanks,

"noah" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 05:08:03 GMT, "Steven Carlson"
wrote:

I'm new to boating and learning about trimming my outboard also. Have

1981 16' tri hall with 90 horse outboard. Not happy with the hole shot

pull skiers out of the water. Has a 17 pitch prop. Was told that a

stainless
steel prop will have a better hot shot, with same pitch. Is that true?

Steven

Probably. The stainless will "flex" less than an aluminum prop.
A better idea is to find out what pitch prop is the "right" one for
your engine and load. You'll need to know your WOT rpm's under normal
load.

I used to use a 21" pitch for general boating, and switch to a 19" for
water skiing. Both props gave proper rpm under the given load, and
the 19" gave good acceleration for skiing.

Good luck,
noah