Rick

Default Need some "waterproof" 12 v power connectors

padeen wrote:

Thanks, Rick. I'm an electrical contractor at the moment and your product
list is very familiar to me wrt underground splices. Soils have similar
pernicious chemical liabilities to electrical lines that seawater does, it
seems. I wondered if Scotchkote was a common marine solution.

It should. We borrowed the techniques and materials from you guys to
begin with. 8-)

I love Scothchkote, it is one of those "electrician in a can" products
that really is worth its weight.

We tried all the prepackaged urethane and epoxy splice kits but never
had a lot of success with them since unless they were prepared in a
vacuum chamber like we did with the shop terminated cables, they were
susceptible to bubbles that would collapse under pressure and create
problems or even fracture the epoxy potted splices.

It was actually faster and usually more successful to hand splice
onboard ship.

Rick