Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default St. Augustine local transport Samaritan?

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:25:57 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

As it is, the arcane and REALLY stupid instructions with SPOT make it so I
rarely succeed in making it send an OK message, the last such attempt
cancelling the test I was doing of it in the harbor here, where it managed
two "messages" (location points) before it stopped.

You have to first configure an OK message on your personal SPOT web
page, a one-time thing unless you want to change something.

Next, press the OK button once. It should now send an OK message per
your settings assuming that it has got a current GPS position.

One of my "SPOT peeves" is that there doesn't seem to be any way of
knowing if it has a current GPS position. I'd like to see a small
display so it could also double as a pocket GPS unit and be able to
report its status.