Rick

Default Need some "waterproof" 12 v power connectors

Steve wrote:

Rick, you don't mention the deep submersibles method of routing nearly all
electrical cables inside of tygon tubing and fittings and filled with
mineral oil.

We only used oil-filled cables for temporary of field installed systems
that didn't rate a shop made cable. We would save the plug ends and a
foot or two of wire from old cables for that purpose. We used oil-filled
j-boxes externally and ran conductors through the same type of clear
plastic tubing you see in boat stores and filled the entire run with oil.

We had a shop back in the world where we could build and vacuum pot our
own cables for newbuilds. Some of our standard cables were manufactured
by a specialty cable shop. A lot of smaller stuff just used off the
shelf underwater connectors made for the commercial (oil field)and
military market.

Rick