Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Maptech Bahamas Chart formats

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:29:56 -0400, Michael Porter
wrote:

It isn't that they don't work. It is that they weren't accurate.
Bimini was displaced about a mile south and west, so that when we were
entering the harbor, it appeared that we were driving along a ridge in
south Bimini.

Where we went (Abacos, Exumas, Rum Cay, Mayaguana, Turks & Caicos)
they _were_ as accurate as one can reasonably expect. Never went to
Bimini and probably wouldn't.

I have both the Maptech charts of the Bahamas and the CMAP Explorer
charts. The Explorer charts are far more detailed, accurate and up
to date. If I could only carry one or the other, it would be the
Explorer charts without question.

I have also had issues with the Maptech encryption/decryption not
working properly on some of my PCs, and Maptech support is almost
non-existent these days.