Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Maptech Bahamas Chart formats

Michael Porter wrote:

"Armond Perretta" wrote:

I am in the market for digital charts of the Bahama Islands. It is my
understanding that Maptech or what's left of it supplies these on CD-ROM. I
was also told that some editions of the Bahamas CD-ROMs included charts for
Bermuda and /or Monty Lewis' Explorer charts, or some combination of these.
If there are any users here familiar with these packages, I'd appreciate
hearing what is available, and which chart format is used for which sets of
charts (i.e., which charts will run under which charting software package,
etc.). All details appreciated.

I have the Maptech B ahamas charts (3 sections) and have found them to
work fine (yeah, I know the explorer charatws are supposed to be
better, but we use dthe Maptech ones and had no trouble). they are in
an encrypted BSB format but Fugawi reads them fine, and I'd imagine
any other ptogram that uses BSB could read them too.

It isn't that they don't work. It is that they weren't accurate.
Bimini was displaced about a mile south and west, so that when we were
entering the harbor, it appeared that we were driving along a ridge in
south Bimini.