Steve

Default Toilet Question

Thanks, Peggie. Actually, there are other issues with the 12v system in the
boat. I know one battery is very weak, and don't think the battery charger
is doing its job either. Haven't had time to do further checking yet. The
PO did keep most of the manuals/documents for the various systems, including
the toilet. I will check how the head is wired. I've got your GRBO book ,
and will read it soon.

Thanks again,
Steve H.

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Thanks, Peggy. That was a wonderfully detailed reply. You're not

kidding
about the current draw. I guess that explains the dimming lights during
flushes.

Yep, it would. But it shouldn't do that...that's a sign of an
electrical issue. Some things to check out:

Electric toilets should always be on their own dedicated circuit, shared
with nothing else. If the boat's PO didn't save the manual (what passes
for one, anyway) that has the electric specs in it when he installed it,
pull one off the Jabsco website at http://www.jabsco.com and make sure
that he used the right wire size for the distance distance from the
battery (measured round trip, not one way). Put volt meter on it while
flushing and make sure it's getting a full 12v. If not, check
connections, and check the battery to make sure it's putting out a full
12v...the battery may be weak, or not being fully charged (which would
reveal a whole new can of worms...boats are like that).

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html