Calif Bill[_2_] Calif Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Volvo Penta 350 86 white smoke

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
fzbuilder wrote:
On Sep 9, 2:32 pm, JustWait wrote:
In article 4daf59a8-a04b-4b50-aaf8-38b4a396f8f0
@u36g2000prn.googlegroups.com, says...

Hey Guys, I have an 86 Penta 350 in my Bayliner and at start up there
is no smoke, but when it gets warmed up around 170, it starts putting
out white smoke. My oil is clean and the engine runs pretty smooth
however I am getting very little to no water out the exhaust and yes I
have the outdrive with the prop off resting in a tank of water. No
leaking water into the bilge. I just replaced the impeller and am now
thinking of the water pump, but the smoke is making think there is
another problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Check the cooling system, is it a closed system? White smoke could mean
antifreeze...

--
Wafa free since 2009

Open system, no coolant.

Blown head gasket...maybe. Water pump is a good idea, too. What do the
spark plugs look like? Oily or watery?

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

Chevy's emit white smoke if you have bad valve guides or lose a cylinder.
If no water is pumping, the temp may be too high and the oil is getting too
thin.