LaBomba182

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump/on a mini tear

Subject: Fuel transfer/polishing pump/on a mini tear
From: Brian Whatcott

Subject: Fuel transfer/polishing pump
From: Brian Whatcott

Ahem...you meant mineral lubricating oil, rather than
mineral fuel oil?

Yeah, that's what he means.
And check out the tolerances in a "mineral oil" lubricating pump verses the
tolerances in a "mineral oil" fuel injector pump.
Then maybe you will grasp why proper "mineral oil" fuel filtration is more
critical than "mineral oil" lubrication filtation.

Capt. Bill

You are off-beam,

Perhaps. But my point is that just because fuel oil and lubricating oil come
from the same base material does not mean that they are filtered in the same
way with the same filter materials or to the same standards with no thought as
to how they are being used.

in my not so humble view.

That makes two of us.

But then if you prefer to
be addressed as "Capt." I can suppose that your opinion is not that of
an engineer?

You'd be right.
And I believe it was engineers who assured the Captain of the Titanic that it
was unsinkable.

So, do you have opinions on brain surgery for me to grasp too?

Yes.
Try not to have it done if you can.

You have one those as well, after all!
:-)