Steven Shelikoff

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:07:05 GMT, Rich Hampel
wrote:

All this discussion about filtration is actually misleading. If you
periodically inspect and or clean the tank occasionally, you will have
minimal problems.

Buy only 'fresh' fuel. Clean your tank every now and then. Use a
recirc. filtration system. Dont worry, be happy.

Boy, wouldn't that be great. Unfortunately I have a tank that doesn't
have an access port and probably hasn't been cleaned since it was
installed 24 years ago. Sure, I could cut holes in the tank and clean
it out ... who knows what I'll find in there. Or I could replace the
tank with one that's already set up to clean out. But both of those
solutions are much more expensive then what I did, which also solved my
dirty fuel problem.

Disclaimer: Don't do what I did. Don't take my word for it. Just
because it worked for me doesn't mean it will work for you.

There, how's that?

Steve